A good sleep is very important for children as it affects their health. Yet many children find it difficult to sleep well at night. This lack of sleep can cause negative impact on their behaviour, performance,concentration.There are many reasons that take away child's sleep like long hours playing video games and late night mobile messaging.
Children should sleep at least for 9 hours each night.
Tips for healthy sleep
- Make sure your child is engaged with both physical and mental activity during day time. This will help them to fall asleep easily.
- Follow a regular routine for bed time
- At bedtime, interact with child and make them feel secure and loving.
- Avoid large meals at night.
- Turn off television or other music players at least one hour before bedtime.
- Include a shower, cleaning teeth, using toilet and a cup of water before bedtime so that they feel relaxed and get ready for sleep.
Signs of Sleep Problems in Children
- Breathing pauses while sleep
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Falling asleep during the day
- Strange daytime performance